In UK, BANDAI has made children dream for … (please complete) years by blending creativity with emotion and cult characters with innovation. “Charlotte aux Fraises”, “Pokémon”, “Badge It”, “Disney Fairies” and now “Harumika” are some of the thousand wonderful worlds of action and fantasy available to each generation of children … and Bandai is not about to stop!
Bandai’s aim is to free children’s creativity, offer them unlimited entertainment possibilities, allow them to have fun while stimulating their imagination, encourage innovation and provide a source of inspiration.
For Bandai, this goal necessarily implies respecting children’s privacy and providing them with a safe and pleasant environment.
By clicking on the tabs below you can familiarise yourself more fully with the terms of our policy concerning respect for privacy on our Harumika Site and find out what personal information we collect from our Members and the use we make thereof.
Prior parental authorisation
The Harumika Site offers various activities in which you can participate and various tabs you can click on without providing us any personal information (“Create your virtual model”, “Fashion search”, information on Harumika products, etc.).
However, if you wish to become a Member, put your personal gallery online and share with other internet users the photographs of actual fashions that you create and are worn by your Harumika model, or virtual fashions that you create via the Harumika website, we will ask you, with the prior agreement of your parents or legal guardian, 1) to provide us your surname, first name, date of birth and the e-mail address of one of your parents or of your legal guardian (information provided must be accurate); 2) to create a password and user name; and 3) to choose an avatar.
These same rules apply if you wish to enter a contest.
What does Bandai do with the information it collects?
1) We will use the e-mail address of your parents or legal guardian only to:
•Inform them that you wish to become a Member and request their prior authorisation;
•Inform them of confidential information about you that we collect and the purpose thereof;
•Request their prior authorisation so that you can register for the contests BANDAI regularly organize on the HARUMIKA website
•Request their authorisation to have you provide us with additional information that Bandai may require.
We will also inform them that they have a right to access, correct and delete such personal information and how to exercise such right.
We will advise them that if they refuse to allow you to become a Member, all information that Bandai may have collected will be entirely deleted from our databases.
We will request their agreement to them receiving advertisements concerning Bandai products;
Parents or legal guardians who thereafter may choose to inform Bandai that they wish to withdraw their consent to receive information and offers by e-mail may do so by writing to this address:
On all e-mails, they will also find an option enabling them to request that this type of information not be sent in the future.
In order to protect the security of other Members, parents who wish to access the personal data of their children must provide the child’s password and user name, as well as their own e-mail address.
2) In connection with the organisation of contests, if we need additional information, we will inform your parents or legal guardian in an e-mail sent to their e-mail address of that possibility and for obtaining the required information. For example, we may request your postal address to send you prizes you may have won or the telephone number of your parents or legal guardian to inform them that you have won. All additional information that you and/or your parents and/or your legal guardian provide in these specific circumstances will be deleted from our database at the end of the relevant programme or activity and after expiry of the period required by law for keeping this type of information.
In any event, Bandai will not request that information other than that necessary to take part in a contest, game or activity be provided as a requirement for entry.
3) Bandai will use your first name and surname only to personalise e-mails that we send to your parents in connection with the organisation of contests and if you use the “Send a message to your friends” option and « Quick Chic ».
If you are a Member of the Harumika Site, you can send e-mails to your friends inviting them to view the actual or virtual creations that your have uploaded or created on the Site
Inform them of your score on Quick Chic and invite them to play as well.
Please note: the prior agreement of your friends’ parents is required to send this message to your friends.
An e-mail with a predefined content will be sent to your friends, specifying your first name and surname, in order that your friends know who is inviting them to view the fashions created on the Site
Is inviting them to play Quick Chic
E-mail addresses obtained in this connection will be kept only for the time required to send the message. Thereafter, Bandai will not keep any trace of your friends’ e-mail addresses and will not send them any further messages of any type.
4) Your date of birth will enable Bandai to adapt:
•The content of advertising sent to your parents or legal guardian (with their prior authorisation);
•The age ranges of the contests that Bandai organises and in which you may take part;
•The contents of its products, Site and advertising after having carried out statistical studies regarding the ages of its Members.
5) Information that would allow you to be identified personally (surname, first name, date of birth), as well as the e-mail addresses of your parents or legal guardian, will never be put online. Information of a personal nature is used exclusively by Bandai and will never be transmitted to a third party without the prior authorisation of your parents or legal guardian.
6) Without your agreement or that of your parents or legal guardian, Bandai may disclose personal information about you or them at the request of a court, but only under such circumstances as are allowed by law such as, in particular, a violation of public policy, a breach of intellectual property rights, a violation of the right to privacy, a breach of any rights of third parties and, in general, any fraudulent evasion of legal obligations.
7) Personal information that you provide to us, as well as personal information that your parents or legal guardian provide us, will be used only for the purposes described above or for purposes specifically described at the time the information is requested.
8) In accordance with the French Data Protection Act of 6 January 1978, as amended, your parents or legal guardian and you may access personal information about you/them and, if necessary, have such data corrected, completed or deleted by contacting Bandai at the following address:
Bandai may place a text file known as a “cookie” on your computer’s navigator, whose lifetime is 30 days.
Most browsers allow you to reject the recording of cookies by turning them off (use the help of you browsers to learn how you can disable cookies).
That is why we recommend that you accept cookies.
Links to third party sites
This site may contain links to other websites that are owned or operated by third parties. Bandai is not responsible for the information and content of any third party site whatsoever and shall not be liable for any transaction or communication between you and any such site. If you have any doubts about links, the content or transactions involving such third party sites, please contact the administrator or webmaster of such third party sites.
Rules of Conduct and rules concerning materials created by Members and published on the Harumika Site
As a Member, you must comply with the Rules of Conduct set forth in the terms and conditions of use of the Harumika Site (click here), as well as on the Site itself. In particular, this means that:
•You must not disclose your real name, password, e-mail address, photographs of yourself or others or any other personal information on the Harumika Site.
•You must not violate the law, for example copyright law.
•You are responsible for the fashions you create and publish on the Harumika Site.
Please remember, all photos are reviewed by our staff before being published. On average there is a 24 hour waiting period before any photos of the outfits you have designed are actually made visible on the site.
In order for your model’s photo to appear on the website it must be less than 3 Mb in size and must be saved in either the jpg or png or gif format.
However, Bandai reserves the right to review the fashions created and uploaded onto the Site by Members, and may delete any materials that:
•Breach or are suspected of breaching the Rules of Conduct of the Harumika Site.
•Depict you or other persons.
•Contain personal information such as, for example, your name, telephone number, e-mail address or a link to another website.
•Contain nude photos, pornography, arms, drugs or images of a sexual nature.
•Are protected by copyright or any other intellectual property law and for which you do not hold the rights. For example, photographs of stars and television series characters are the property of others.
•Contain advertising for products or services other than those of Bandai.
For these purposes, Bandai uses moderators who monitor what happens on the Harumika Site in order to ensure a safe and pleasant environment.
For example, moderators may:
•Ask you to change your user name if the one you choose infringes on the rights of another person (for example, if you choose the name of a celebrity or a well-known brand) or if your user name is rude or offensive.
•Refuse to publish on the Harumika Site photographs you upload if such photographs contain items that allow you or another person to be personally identified (a face, an address, etc.) or that include elements in breach of the foregoing Rules of Conduct.
The judgment and assessment of these moderators is not open to challenge.
Any Member who breaches these Rules of Conduct and/or the Site’s terms and conditions of use shall be excluded as a Member.